*Bursary News for Writers*
The 2020 Brewery Lane Writers’ Weekend, with writers Lisa Harding and Alan McMonagle, will take place from Friday, 17th to Sunday, 19th April. Thanks to the generous support of Tipperary County Council we are delighted to now offer two (2) full bursaries, worth €175 each. NB These bursaries are only open to writers who have not previously had their work published or previously been the recipient of a bursary.
This annual writers’ weekend takes place in Carrick-on-Suir, in an intimate theatre setting, and is unique in its focus on writers and writing. Every year 12 participants get the opportunity to work with two professional writers over 3 days – to date the writers teaching on the weekend have included poets, novelists, screenwriters, memoirists and sometimes a mix of all genres in the one person!
If this appeals to you and you wish to apply for a 2020 bursary please do the following:
- In a statement of not more than 250 words, outline how participating in the Writers’ Weekend would benefit you and your writing and state that you have not previously had your writing published or received a bursary. You might usefully include in your statement
- your experience of writing
- any financial/personal obstacles you experience in accessing professional development as a writer
- email your statement, with Bursary Application in the subject line, as a .docx attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- final submission date is midnight on Friday, 10th Jan 2019
- submissions will not be considered after that date.
- all submissions will be anonymously assessed by an independent adjudicator.
If you do not qualify to apply for a bursary (i.e. you’re already published or have received a bursary) but would like to book a place on this weekend you are very welcome to get in touch with me through the Contact page for booking details. The early bird offer of €160 is open until Jan. 31st. After that date the full fee of €175 will apply.