Sometimes the most wonderful things happen when people are given very short notice to do something. The monthly poetry night group in Brewery Lane Theatre were recently approached about putting together a pamphlet of poetry to be included among the art works for sale in a local pop-up Christmas Artisan Market last weekend. In the space of little more than a week thirteen poets had contributed twenty-six poems. One of the poets, Heather, took on the task of designing and compiling the pamphlet and before we knew it, the magnificent items you see below were nesting in a basket and for sale to the public. A lot of work, a lot of love.
All copies sold out quickly over the weekend – even the extras that were hurriedly printed. The proceeds will go to a local charity, the Hospice Suite in St. Bridget’s Hospital, Carrick-on-Suir, a facility that is very much appreciated by the local community.
As you can see each copy has been individually and carefully put together – this is a hand-crafted item, just like the poems inside.
The pamphlet contains poems by well-published and prize-winning poets alongside the work of up-and-coming writers.
Because only a limited number were available for sale over the weekend people have been asking about getting copies. We are not in a position to go into mass production with this, and we’re also fond of the individual nature of each copy, but if you would like to have a PDF copy emailed to you here’s what you do:
- request a copy at this email address: brewerylanepoetryATgmailDOTcom
- pledge to make a donation to a local charity of your choice in whatever part of the world you live (the amount is up to you but copies were sold for €3 in Ck)
- let us know something about your chosen charity in your email
- if you wish to print off your copy and enjoy it in your hand, (and we recommend you do), you may wish to add a cover – if you do, please send a photo of your personalised pamphlet to the same email address. We would love to see how individuals respond creatively to this
- this offer will close on Sunday, 23rd December 2012 at 23.00 GMT – we will have to do some last minute Christmassy things too!